SPbU pays particular attention to the development of sports activities. More than 5,000 students annually participate in over 50 physical fitness and sports events.
For independent training on Campus
- The "Challenge Cup" Rugby Match SPbU vs MSU
- The Historic "Petrovskaya Mile 1724" (Rowing Event)
- The Frosty "Arctic Cup" (Snow Rugby)
- The "Spassky Cup" (Chess Tournament)
- The "Uncle Vanya’s Cup" (Community Weightlifting)
- V.V. Vasilykovsky Memorial Relay Race (Track and Field)
- The "Peterhof Olympiad"
- The GTO Sports Contest (Ready for Labour and Defense)
- The Freshman’s Prize
- SPbU Championships
- The Champions' Ball
Every year at St Petersburg University (SPbU) we celebrate the spirit of competition and camaraderie with a variety of sporting events:
- Academic rowing
- Aqua aerobics
- Track and field
- Table tennis
- Power training
- Rock climbing
- Dance sports
Academic rowing, Mountaineering, Basketball (men), basketball (women), volleyball (men/women), volleyball (women), track and field, powerlifting, swimming, rugby, rock climbing, football (men), football (women), chess.
Our university students are world champions in acrobatic rock 'n' roll, all-style karate, skiing, underwater swimming, Thai boxing; European champions in academic rowing, sailing, Kyokushin karate, rugby, sports aerobics, and fencing.